1. What is "RMF for PVD"?
A Retirement Mutual Fund accepting transfer of money from a Provident Fund or “RMF for PVD” is a mutual fund established specifically to accommodate the transfer of investment money in a Provident Fund (PVD) to allow existing employees whose employer’s PVD is dissolved or whose membership ends due to resignation to maintain the same tax benefits given to active PVD members, provided that the PVD membership is no less than 5 years (the duration of membership is counted continually after transferring from PVD to RMF) and the fund is withdrawn after the age of 55.
2. After transferring to RMF for PVD, can I transfer the money back to the PVD?
No, you cannot transfer your money back to the PVD.
3. Who are suitable to apply for RMF for PVD service?
- Employees who resign from the full-time job or move to another company but do not wish to transfer their PVD money to the new company or the new company does not have a PVD.
- Employees who do not wish to retain their money with the former company because they have to pay a membership status maintenance fee of 500 Baht per year, or those who are looking for a wider investment opportunity than the existing PVD policy.
- Employees whose PVD is dissolved by the employer but have not reached the age of 55.
4. Is there any fee for transferring money to RMF for PVD?
No, there is no transfer fee.
5. Can I transfer money from my PVD to multiple RMFs for PVD managed by Krungsri Asset Management?
You can transfer the entire amount of money to only one RMF for PVD initially. Afterwards, you can switch the investment units to any RMF for PVD managed by Krungsri Asset Management. (Currently all RMFs managed by Krungsri Asset Management can accommodate the transfer from PVD.)
6. After transferring money from PVD to the RMF for PVD managed by Krungsri Asset Management, how frequently can I switch my investment units between the RMFs for PVD and does such switching incur any fee?
You can switch your investment units between the RMFs for PVD managed by Krungsri Asset Management without limitation. The switching fee is based on the policy of each fund.
7. Can I transfer my money to the RMFs for PVD of several asset management companies?
No, you must transfer the entire amount of your PVD money to only one asset management company.
8. After transferring money from PVD to the RMF for PVD managed by Krungsri Asset Management, can I transfer it to another asset management company?
If you want to transfer your money to another asset management company, you have to switch the investment units of all RMFs for PVD to one RMF for PVD and then switch all the investment units out to another asset management company. Switching between RMFs for PVD may incur a fee subject to the policy of each fund but there is no switching-out fee from Krungsri Asset Management to other asset management company.
9. After transferring from PVD to RMF for PVD, do I have to hold the money for another 5 years before redemption?
The duration of PVD membership will be counted continually after transferring your money to an RMF for PVD, for example, if you have been a PVD member for 10 years and your age is 52, you have to hold the RMF for PVD for another 3 years until you reach the age of 55 in order that you can redeem the investment units with full tax benefits.
10. Can I redeem the investment units in an RMF for PVD before meeting all qualification requirements?
You can redeem your investment units before meeting all qualification requirements, but such redemption is considered as a non-compliant redemption which is not entitled to receive any tax benefits. In this regard, you must redeem the investment units in full and pay withholding tax for the part of investment returns according to the calculation criteria of the Revenue Department.
11. meeting all the qualification requirements for holding investment units in an RMF for PVD, can I redeem my investment units gradually?
You can gradually redeem your investment units as frequently as you wish. However, if you have made any partial redemption, you are no longer able to transfer the remaining units to another asset management company that manages the RMFs for PVD.
12. I have just transferred my PVD money to an RMF for PVD, why the gains on investment shown in the system of @ccess Online/@ccess Mobile are so high? Where do such gains come from?
The gains/losses on investment appearing in the system are shown according to the taxation conditions of the Revenue Department (not the gains/losses occur after the transfer). The records of investment amount are divided into two parts: the first part is investment cost which comprises only member’s savings, and the second part is investment gains which are derived from three components, namely, employer’s contributions, benefits that come from investment of employer’s contributions, and benefits that come from investment of member’s savings.