KFINFRA-A ... Power your portfolio with the next generation of infrastructures
Why you should invest in “Infrastructure assets”?
Source: Credit Suisse, Q3 2020
The global forces shaping the future of infrastructure
- The global need for infrastructure investment is forecasted to reach USD 94 trillion by 2040
(Source: Global infrastructure hub, Dec. 2020)
- Infrastructure spending supports employment and improves the future productive capacity
- Themes for the next generation: Smart Cities, Mobility, and Climate Change, resulting in increasing energy needs met by renewables, natural gas and energy efficiency (Source: Credit Suisse, Q3 2020 and Bloomberg: New Energy Outlook, 2017)
- Mobility: Air passenger numbers expected to double to 7.8 billion by 2036 (Source: Credit Suisse, International Air Transport Association and Vinci as of Dec 20)
KFINFRA-A (Krungsri Next Generation Infrastructure Fund-A)
Investing the master fund titled Credit Suisse (Lux) Infrastructure Equity Fund, a five-star fund rated by Morningstar*. The fund holds a combination of investments in pure-play infrastructure businesses and the next gen infrastructures that are key drivers for future growth with solid growth potential, such as Smart Cities, Renewable Energy, and Data Centers.
*Source: Morningstar rating from Credit Suisse as of Nov 20. The above awards and rankings are not relevant to the AIMC.
Master fund: Credit Suisse (Lux) Infrastructure Equity Fund has 4 key strengths:
- Have investment framework that focuses to invest in pure-play infrastructure companies: The owners and operators of long-term critical assets
- Focus on investing in the sub themes, such as Utilities, Energy, Communication, and Transport
- Can opportunistically invest in companies that design, develop and construct infrastructure assets
- Screen for infrastructure characteristics resulting in predictable cash flow generation and companies with clear long-term growth strategies. Predictable cash-flows give the fund a unique profile of low beta combined with solid earnings growth
Portfolio breakdown (as of 31 Oct. 2020)
Source: Credit Suisse as of 31 Oct 20. | Market Cap definition: Super Large Caps: >CHF 60 bn, Large Caps: > CHF 10 bn < CHF 60 bn, Mid Caps: > CHF 2.5 bn < CHF 10 bn, Small Caps < CHF 2.5 bn
||Invest in Credit Suisse (Lux) Infrastructure Equity Fund, Class IB USD (The master fund), on average in an accounting year, of not less than 80% of fund’s NAV. The master fund has investment policy to invest at least two-thirds of the net assets in securities issued by companies active in the infrastructure sector worldwide (including emerging markets)
||Level 6 | Fully hedge against foreign exchange rate risk
||Daily (Please refer to Fund’s Non-Dealing Calendar)
- Please study fund features, performance, and risk before investing. Past performance is not an indicative of future performance.
- The fund will enter into a forward contract to fully hedge against the exchange rate risk, in which case, it may incur costs for risk hedging transaction and the increased costs may reduce overall return.